About Me

My photo
I am a dedicated wife and mother who never just do as I am told. I prefer to make up my own mind.Not afraid to go upstream.

Friday, September 7, 2012

So Shocking!

Tonight I decided to look through everything that I have posted on twitter and on my blog. Twitter was great. Real interesting reading material. Then came the blog...........I'm so shocked and so sorry! Can't understand how almost a year went by without me blogging. All I can say is that I'm really sorry, so I will now take some time to bring you up to speed with all the crazy happenings in our house over the past year.

Now, where to start? Oh yes, I'll start at the beginning of the chaos.I've hurt myself. Badly. I ploughed down on the ground and my knee joint came out of it's socket, tearing some ligaments very badly. I was on crutches for two  and a half months and I went through painkillers as if there was no tomorrow. Luckily it's  better now, but the orthopaedic surgeon said that it will only recover fully if they operate. Until then I won't be able to go on my knees, because I won't be able to get up!

But the plot thickened. Two weeks after my knee injury, our two nieces moved in with us.We used to have one little girl in our house and then, suddenly, we had three! So I had my hands full of crutches and kids. We added an 8year-old and a 14year old to our brood. This was a HUGE adjustment! Suddenly I had to deal with homework and hockey matches. Oh, I forgot to mention: sibling rivalry; sulking and tantrums!

So, this probably covers most of it. I've been busy, but things have settled down and I can finally concentrate on my own interests again. Hopefully I'm well on my way towards making some dreams come true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment